Richard qualified as a Solicitor in 1988 and is our Managing Director. He was a founder member of Mackenzie Jones in 2000. He specialises in high value personal injury cases, including spinal injuries, head injuries, fatal accidents and cases involving amputations.
He is a member of the Spinal Injuries Association Panel of Solicitors.
He featured in the 2011 edition of the Legal 500 which stated that: "North Wales Firm Mackenzie Jones is led by Richard Jones providing a professional service from start to finish. It is recommended for catastrophic injury and other high value cases in the locality".
The 2012 edition stated: "Richard Jones is recommended 'without reservation' for catastrophic injury cases".
The current edition states: "The 'knowledgeable' 'sympathetic but realistic' Richard Jones at Mackenzie Jones Solicitors is one of very few catastrophic injury experts in North Wales."
Over the years Richard has been involved in many high value cases, some of which have received national press coverage.
- J v W: £3.6m Court approved settlement for young girl (aged 2 at time of accident) who suffered spinal injuries and head injuries.
- L v W: £2m settlement following road traffic accident in which the insurers sought to run a defence of automatism.
- W v A : £2m for cyclist who suffered head injury.
- R v C: £1.9m settlement for University Student crushed by moving machinery at work.
- J v B: Quantum of £4m for teenager who suffered serious head injuries when hit by car whilst crossing the road.
- H v F: Quantum of £3m plus provisional damages for client who was struck by a falling load in the workplace.
- B v W: Quantum of £4.2m (partially by PPO) for a client who suffered serious injuries following a motorcycle accident.
Richard is our appointed Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP).
In August 2010 Richard was appointed to sit as a Deputy District Judge on the Wales Circuit.
Outside work Richard enjoys spending time with his family. He is a supporter of Everton FC, and enjoys cooking, walking and foreign travel.
He is a passionate fan of U2 and The Alarm, who he has seen many many times all over the World!
He is unquestionably the funniest Director at Mackenzie Jones.