Power of Attorney
In England & Wales the problems which face individuals when mental capacity is lost can be prepared for by creating a Lasting Power of Attorney.
A Lasting Power of Attorney may be the most important document you ever write. It allows the people you want to manage your affairs and to make decisions on your behalf, including how your money is spent, should you ever lose capacity.
We aim to provide a fully comprehensive & bespoke service, and often with clients across North Wales, Chester and further afield. Where possible, we will always try to meet with you in person to fully consider your individual requirements. We find that working closely with our clients and discussing their requirements at length ensures the best possible outcome, and avoids any uncertainty or confusion which might arise from an online service.
Our service includes:
- A full initial consultation, in person or by telephone, to ascertain your individual requirements;
- The preparation of your Power of Attorney;
- Further consultation to review the finalised document and to make any amendments, if so required;
- An appointment for the signing and witnessing of your Power of Attorney document, or otherwise detailed instructions can be provided to you and/or your Attorney(s) for the document to be properly completed away from our offices;
- The registration of your Power of Attorney with the Office of the Public Guardian;
- The safekeeping of your Power of Attorney in our store, if so required.
Where possible, we aim to have your Power of Attorney completed and registered within approximately two to four months of us receiving your instructions.