Wills & Estate Planning
Everyone needs a Will. If an individual does not have a Will then their estate gets distributed in accordance with the rules of intestacy.
The Rules of Intestacy are rules set out by statute law on how an estate will be distributed if there is no Will.
However, different individuals and families need different Wills. A single individual will require a different Will than a family where one of the parents has children from a previous relationship. Mackenzie Jones never writes a Will from a questionnaire and takes the time to discuss your requirements with you so that your Will is tailored and specific to you, your needs and your family or life circumstances.
We aim to provide a fully comprehensive and bespoke service. Where possible, we will always try to meet with you in person to fully consider your individual requirements. We find that working closely with our clients and discussing their requirements at length ensures the best possible outcome, and avoids any uncertainty or confusion which might arise from an online or postal will-writing service.
Our service includes:
- A full initial consultation, in person or by telephone, to ascertain your individual requirements;
- The preparation of your will;
- Further consultation and/or amendment, where required;
- An appointment for the signing and witnessing of your will, or otherwise detailed instructions can be provided for your will to be properly completed away from our offices;
- The registration of your will with Certainty (optional);
- The safekeeping of your will in our store, if so required.
Where possible, we aim to have your will completed within 4 weeks of us receiving your instructions.