Mackenzie Jones has real strength and depth in compulsory purchase and compensation advice with the team of 2 senior lawyers with considerable expertise in this field.
- Next Steps
We act for land owners who are under threat of compulsory acquisition and advise on land compensation issues including ransom status, objecting to Compulsory Purchase Orders and CPO Indemnity Agreements.
If you are a landowner, occupier or other person who is or may be affected by a proposed compulsory purchase order, we can provide expert advice to help you through what can, at first glance, appear to be a complex and often daunting experience:
- Explain in in clear and concise language, the compulsory order process and subsequently advise you on how to make legitimate objections to the proposal or, perhaps more importantly, seek modifications to the order to protect your best interest.
- Make formal representations to any public inquiry.
- Identify any areas of legal challenges to the process.
- Enter into negotiations negotiations with the authority both before and during the compulsory purchase order process to negotiate a satisfactory compensation settlement.
- Should all else fail, with making an application to the Upper Chamber (Lands Tribunal) to have your claim for compensation agreed.
We also work with a number of expert advisors including valuers and barristers should their input be required.
Contact us today for help and advice about Compulsory Purchase.
Find your compulsory purchase expert
Whether you're looking for a specific lawyer, or a specialist in a particular area of the law, you'll find expert lawyers who are approachable and offer clear, no-nonsense advice.Find out more about our people